Friday, October 24, 2008

Election Night Update

Okay, this will shock you all, I realize, but I have run into a Gigantor-sized bureaucratic fol-de-rol in trying to get something set up for election night. So how's this for an alternative plan: I'll end my Tuesday night class a bit early (we'll set a time this coming week), and we can head over to my apartment (about ten blocks north). I've two TVs in separate rooms, so we can bounce back and forth. And if you can find someplace not terribly expensive for Kosher food, we'll order in, and it will be on me. I'll ask you guys to be responsible for beverages, and paper/plastic cups and plates (or we can pick them up on the way). This is not ideal, I know, but it seems our best alternative without too much mishigos (spelling?). How's this sound? (Brief reply in comments).

5 comments:

Steven P said...

Sounds good to me. I'm thinking either Golan or Beli for the dinner?

Cranky Doc said...

Gather menus and bring them with (making sure they deliver to around Dyckman/Nagle Streets -- sort of 195th Street-ish). And that they take credit cards.

Cranky Doc said...

Oh, and I have a wireless network at home, so those of you who bring laptops can log in and follow online coverage.

Matt Williams said...

Sorry to hear about that with the administration. Wish I could say I was surprised. Mind if I bring a date? I'll sponsor drinks (I just turned 21).

Mordy said...

You wanna bring a date? Just don't let Amy know!!

But yeah, seriously, sounds like a cool plan to me. I can't promise not to be ridiculously partisan during the coverage tho. (I've been in Philadelphia all break long, so I've discharged my obligation to canvass on election day.)